Since the time of King Sukjong three hundred years ago, Oncheongjang has been known as the place of hot spring. This district was converted into a hot spring district by Japanese beginning with the annexation with Korea.
During the Japanese occupation period, more and more villas were being built in this district. In the beginning of 1920s, the building of the present day Dongnae Byeljang was built by a Japanese named Bakkan Bangtaerang and people called the place Bakgantangwon. Right after the liberation of Korea from Japanese in 1945, the building was used by the American military government office. After the Korean War, the place was renamed Dongnae Byeljang.
Dongnae Byeljang that opened last October
Dongnae Byeljang has a Korean restaurant, Song Hyang, on its premises, which recreates royal cuisine tha