- This office of higher military officers(Janggwan) was part of the Dongnae Magistrate's office during the Joseon period(1392-1910). Because Dongnae was a strategically important point in relations with Japan, special emphasis was given to the defense of this area. After an independent fortress was established here in 1655, this building was used as an office for higher military officers. The building was first erected by Magistrate, Jeong Seok in 1669, in the 10th year of the reign of King Hyeonjong. During the reign of King Sukjong it was rebuilt twice and it was moved another location in 1706 by Magistrate, Hwang Il Ha, in the 32th year of the reign of King Sukjong.
It was moved to its present location in 1815. It is an L-shaped building, with six rooms in the front part and two in the rear. It has double eaves with rafters and a paljak roof( a type of a roof ). It also has servants' quarters, its annex, with seven rooms in the front part and one in the side.
We can infer the architectural style in the late of Joseon period from this government office building remaining in our town. It was restored to the original state in 1998 and is managed and used by a local meeting in Dongnae.
- Cultural property : Busan Tangible Cultural Property No.8
- Designated on June 26, 1972
- Location : 510-1, Suan-dong, Dongnae-gu, Busan